Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mail Delivery

Yesterday I opened the door while getting ready to take two children to a doctor appointment and saw that we had mail waiting in our box. I also looked down and saw a package below the mail box. Now I love mail. I look forward to it everyday. Sad but true it's one of the highlights of my day. I love the mail but hate bills, love birthday and Christmas cards but cringe over sending them, love solicitations that pertain to my life and have environmental attacks over the ones that don't have anything to do with me and my life at this moment. Oh well, that's me. So back to the package....I looked down and saw a little box on the floor and immediately wanted to know why there was a baby picture on it. Was this box a free box of diapers? Did this box have a free sample of greatness inside? It sure did but to my surprise it was a box of FREE FORMULA! How did I get this? I'm still a bit puzzled over this but somewhere along the line of stuff I filled out somewhere, I was obviously placed on their mailing list and sent this package.
The intro. letter welcomed me and stated that this company makes their formula to give my baby a strong start in life. :) The product container claims that it has DHA and ARA, special nutrients found in breast milk. Now, the container does state that breast milk is recommended, which is placed on there in small print (kind of like the warning on alcoholic beverages). Another thing on the container is this,
"your baby's health depends on carefully following these easy directions. Proper hygiene, handling, and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor". Now, I am a bit unaware of formula because I did not use it with my children and I understand that some mommies need to use it, so I am not putting down the use, but I am concerned with this warning. It's kind of scary.

One more thing to think about, included in the package were some informational brochures and one insert that invites all mommies to grow strong with their babies: "it's never to early to teach the ABC's of a healthy lifestyle-including making nutrition and exercise a way of life" I thought breast milk was the very best start of life.....maybe I'm wrong :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment