Thursday, May 31, 2007

















What about Mommy?


A little fashion plus comfort after giving birth is a necessity. Although I'm not a walking model of fashion (to tell you the truth I'm often seen in work out clothing) I can't help but hope someday I will be fashionable :-)


I can say that I clean up pretty well though..haha. So on to the topic. I do feel it is a very neglected subject-new mommies and fitting fashions. This is a crucial time, a sensitive time and often the time we feel our frumpiest. This is a time that nothing fits and we find out that most won't for a while. We get stuck in maternity clothing and never ending roller coaster of emotions. Do we go for a walk? Should I eat that? Why am I not loosing this darn weight? Will those pre-pregnancy pants fit yet? Why am I not loosing the weight, I'm nursing that baby like crazy and feel like a dairy cow!


Okay, I am determined and on a mission to help those women out there, including myself (because one day I may go through this again) to find fashionable clothing that will help during a woman's transition into motherhood. We all know how many emotional and physical changes we can go through and having comfortable, well fitting clothes (not maternity clothing) will help in this department.


Let's start the day we deliver. Cute post partum lounge wear is a great start. I remember watching when Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) from FRIENDS had her baby on the show and I absolutely loved what she wore when her Friends came into the room to see her and her baby for the first time. Rachel was in a shelf bra Cami, a hoodie and what I could imagine were some cotton cute pants. When I had my third baby I made sure to go out and find this type of clothing for my post partum resting. I felt so good when I received compliments from my nurses. Thanks Rachel ( or more like the fashion stylists for the show)!!!! Here's some cute stuff I found and at reasonable prices for your recovery. A pair of drawstring lounge pants, a tank top or Cami allows easy access to baby during nursing time, and a thin hoodie is a plus during your stay especially when that air conditioner kicks in. Don't forget a pair of slippers ( make sure to pamper yourself with a pedicure before labor. Whether it's professionally, hubby or best friend doing it for you).


Now a great "Leaving the Hospital outfit" would be nice too. This would be the outfit you go home in and later can accept visiting Friends and family or run quick errands in. Make sure clothing afterwards is as loose as you would like but shorter than maternity clothing. Drawstring or elastic fashions will at least help your emotional transition and will help you physically transition back into to your pre-pregnancy clothing.



Cheers to motherhood, because it's beautiful and so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment