Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Picked up!

Mommy's Little Monkey was picked up by a cute and posh boutique! My Little Sprout located here in Chula Vista. The Shops at San Miguel Ranch to be exact, has picked up clothing and The Simple and Sweet Nursing Curtain by Mommy's Little Monkey.
I'm thrilled! After preparing my presentation I was a bit nervous and hesitated to go to the boutique. You see, I'm a bit shy when it comes to this business stuff. Maybe it's the fear of rejection I have haunting me. I'll have to get over that.
This was a new experience for me. I had sincerely contacted Java Mama's owner complimenting her on her great idea for her wonderful and much needed mommy coffee shop/hangout and she responded with an invitation to pick up my line of products. That was thrilling but this was a actual knock on the door "Hello would you like to buy some cookies" ordeal, and she bought some! I mean I won't compare my stuff with cookies because, you know, they're not cookies. I'm just so happy to finally be walking the road of having my products liked and recognized.........I guess finally making this (my dreams) a reality.
After the presentation was over we talked a bit about business and our aspirations. When she finally made her decision I went to my car to get my products, checked the time and freaked! I had to go pick up my two little monkeys from preschool. WOW, I had 20 minutes to get to the other side of town and had to let her know that I needed to go. I'm so thankful she understood and that my very good friend stayed with the monkeys until I got there.
I returned later to finish the order and I was off. Now, maybe being sleep deprived and exhausted from the roller coaster of emotions I had experienced earlier that day made me exhausted but I still drove to my best friend's house to take pictures of her and her little monkey with the Simple and Sweet Nursing Curtain on to add on to the website and then realized it was nearly 8:00pm once we were through. This meant that I really didn't see the kids all day and I wanted to get home to them plus tell them the great news. I talked a bit with them and then put them to bed, found my way to the couch and I was out by 9:00PM. The next day I was pretty beat. Well, I guess I'll stop whining and express my excitement on this great experience. WHEE!!!!

Happy I'm spreading the news on my business.
Happy I'm being picked up by boutiques.
Exhausted and a bit fuzzy headed while doing it all.
Loving the journey.

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment