Wednesday, April 18, 2007




My Monkey Man turns three and Starts School in the same week!

Monkey man just turned three Sunday and we celebrated by removing his little horns in his much anticipated baptism. Yes! Finally maybe we'll see a halo start to appear. So far I haven't been able to see a thing around his head, maybe it takes some time.
The family came over and we had a small celebration combining his birthday in there as well. He's been into Monster Jam lately and so we ended up getting him a Monster Jam cake. For any of you who don't know what the heck Monster Jam is then let me explain. It's when these ginormous vehicles that sit on metal frames crash into each other and destroy various objects in their paths. They fall apart sometimes and make very loud noise while doing their destruction. Daddies love it, at least my hubby does.
If you live in a boy world you probably know all about it. I came from princess dress up, tiaras and wands with my two first monkey princesses to a world of Tonka trucks, Monster Jam and this great cartoon I have to tell you about, "Bigfoot Presents" on Discovery Kids. This great show can keep my monkey man occupied for a long time, he loves it! If I need to clean or get some lunch together I know exactly what to put on the tube feeling confident he's not destroying anything or hurting himself.
Well, he ended up getting a great lunchbox for his birthday from my brother and sister-in-law and monkey man is crazy about it. Today he woke up excited that he was starting school. We dressed him and then he and his sisters went to the kitchen to get ready for breakfast. When he knew it was time to get his snack together he scambled for his big Fire engine lunch box and made sure he was right there watching all that was placed inside it. Then he held on tight to it and would not put it down.
When it was time to take him and his sister to school I didn't think I would get emotional BUT I did. I felt confident his sister would be fine because she currently is in pre-school and is attending this new one with monkey man to help with the transition. When it was time to leave him I was taken over by many emotions. I just watched my last baby sitting at the play dough table sculpting away. He never really looked up at me or F . We said goodbye to the both of them and turned to walk away then he yelled "mommy I want a hug" then asked F for one too. We said good bye again and then off we went. I started tearing up and walking to the car the tears came down.
I'm happy that they're in school but it's a new little chapter in my life. I'm a scared it's all happening too fast yet I kind of asked for time to speed forward during my challenging moments with them. Now, it sits here in my lap and I want to rewind time and hold them in my arms again and change diapers......okay maybe not that part. I have to just take it in and see what lies ahead. More time for my business but the down side of it all is I now have six hours a week to myself so I have no more excuses for a dirty house :-(

Man!!!! Now you know what I did today-cleaned!

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment