Thursday, April 12, 2007


Moving To Texas!!!

No, I'm not moving to Texas at this very minute but my husband, F, came home from work the other day suggesting that we pick up and move there. What the heck is there in Texas for us? I mean no offense to anyone who lives in Texas, I'm sure it's great but we were both born and raised here in SD and have so much family here that I could not imagine leaving to a state where we have no one. I guess it comes down to the kids and what we will and can offer them in the future. Although he's concerned with these little monkeys who are growing up so fast I can't help but worry that we'll take them out there and once they're grown will be drawn back home to California where all of their family is, leaving us alone in a hot hell.
After discussing it with him a bit I do understand his emotions and so I decided to take a little trip with him to hell (I only mean the heat)to check it out. Austin to be exact is where we're headed to visit in one month.
To be continued.........

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:02 AM

    Please reconsider. We are overrun already. My husband and I have been hit four times since Nov. 22 by drivers who ran into us while we were legally stopped. Texas is a big state, but I can tell you that Austin is saturated and traffic is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a comment from a anonymous reader from Texas ( I'm assuming) and somehow lost it through the publishing process. The comment simply stated how I should reconsider moving to Texas due to the growth and congestion in there. Traffic and collisions were also mentioned.
    I appreciate the heads up and will definately consider this point. I do have to say though, I 'm not so sure it's anything I'm not used to as a Californian.
    Thanks for your comment and I'm so sorry for loosing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess I found it. :-)
    There it is for ya all to read yourself.
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:07 PM

    Evie, yes, I'm from Austin, Texas, and my dear friends recently moved back to our area after spending most of their lives in California. Even they agree with me about how dangerous it is here as far as traffic is concerned. They love to travel and own a motor home, but the wife practically refuses to drive during certain hours of the day. We'll let you decide for yourselves, but my point is that our infrastructure is not ready for such a huge influx of new Texas residents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definately have been reconsidering not due to facts on Texas just because were getting cold feet to move our family, plus the heat.
    I understand your concerns, it's the way probably most feel about growth, traffic and congestion in their own cities. I know I hated the change as it occured in my own town growing up.
    I appreciate your concerns and comments and hope things change for the best in your area.

    ReplyDelete