Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Officially Coming Out of THE CLOSET

So today I am officially coming out of THE CLOSET to all of you and letting you know I'm a SCRAP EATER!!!!!!!!! Ha, I said it! It's something that I've been thinking about for the longest time and although I should be writing about new mommy stuff I just wanted to jump ahead and give you a glimpse at what busy motherhood has done to me, and maybe you someday.
I'm a scrap eater. I never was before having children. I simply had my own plate of food every meal. When I wanted to share or someone to share with me, of course from those I knew, especially my Hubby, I would simply ask and satisfy my curiosity or craving. Coming from a family of six, me, my brother and sisters did this all of the time. Then I found out all about SCRAP EATING once I became a Mommy.
When my first born came, little did I know how fast you have to eat sometimes. One minute she would be fast to sleep in her bed and me sitting down in the kitchen listening to her through the baby monitor, and then the rustling of blankets and her little snorts would start. Seconds later the whaling and demanding cries for attention and food would begin. There would sit my lunch with a bite in it getting cold and stale by the minute. I would pick her up and then take her to the table as I nursed her. Some days I would eat over her and bits of my sandwich would fall on her head or chest...So the co-eating had to stop, and of course it had to be from me! When she started to eat solids she would share with me or get her own plate full.
Then baby two arrived and the scrap eating started!!! My little MR was almost 4 yrs. when little NM was born. Once the crazy little schedule set in it was official that I was a scrap eater. I would feed MR and she would sit at the table and barely touch her food. Once NM would nurse and fall to sleep it was time to place MR down for her nap and then I had a little time to eat. Walking into the kitchen I would pass the table and see a hardly eaten plate of food, so I would eat it instead of making my own new plate. Pretty bad.
So you wonder what I do now with three children and my own business? Forget it!!! Some days, I don't even make myself food. I know my kids will eat breakfast no matter what, but lunch, I'm happy if they eat half the plate. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I went out of my way to make them a great lunch and then to have them eat one bite. So instead of making myself a plate, sometimes and only sometimes, I eat the leftovers. It all depends on the day and if they went by my rules in my head:

Scrap Eating Rules:
1.) Food can not be touched by boogers, dirty hands, or saliva
2.) Food can't be bread with nothing in it but Mayo.(My kids are notorious for eating the ham and cheese and leaving the bread with Mayo.)
3.) If they're sick forget it...Gross!
4.) Never drinks (They leave Piranas in there! Yeah, backwash is just too dirty for me)

So, you see, I'm mostly a lunch scrap eating mommy. I know that I'm not alone. You may still be in the closet, not a full timer yet or maybe in denial :) I know I was....but now I'm a free scrap eating mommy !!!!!!!

Happy Transitioning to your New Life,
Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment