Monday, October 09, 2006

Don't POP the Little Pimples

Why does my baby have tiny pimples on her face? This was what I thought when I saw little acne spots on my daughters face BUT popping them was never a thought that came into my mind. I know people who have actually popped the acne on their baby's face. Don't pop the baby pimple!
Baby acne is pretty common. It can be present at birth, but more often it shows up after a couple of weeks, usually on the cheeks and sometimes on the nose, chin, and even the back and legs. My babies usually had them at birth that were inverted and then came outwards after a couple of weeks. They would turn into small whiteheads. I found that some baby acne can become more pronounced when your baby is hot or fussy but this may also be heat rash. I also personally found that my little ones would get these little suckers when they would fall asleep on my breast while nursing. A little breast milk on their skin for a couple of hours caused the problem. In your situation it could be saliva, spit up, mommy's milk, or maybe a little rash could appear if you switch your detergent. Some blame baby acne on what mommy eats, drinks and the medication she is taking while nursing. Researchers still can't point it on one thing. Just keep a watch on all that you do and use on your baby. My solution that worked pretty good was clean the area with a clean, wet cloth and then dry the area afterwards and that did the trick. Just please, please don't pop them! Popping them could lead to other problems like pain, or infection. You don't want that for your little one.

Happy transitioning to your New Life,
Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment