Wednesday, August 30, 2006

HOME SWEET HOME
I loved getting home from the hospital. I know that some women want to stay in the hospital, especially if they have to go home and get back into "work" (cleaning, cooking, washing, taking care of other children). I wanted my bed, my baby's newly washed linens, bassinet, clothes and necessities. I wanted peace and quiet and not a nurse waking me up, taking vitals every two hours!
With baby #1 I was able to take naps, which I normally hate to do. I didn't have to worry about cleaning (you know constantly picking up after tiny individuals) because nothing really got dirty. When baby #2 arrived I didn't take very many naps...In fact I rarely napped at all. I came home and sat on the couch and watched my 3 1/2 yr. old hold her new baby sister. I had food delivered to me by relatives and friends for a whole week! This is one of the best baby shower gifts to receive by the way. If you do not receive this as a gift then make sure to plan meals your hubby or support can make. You can also plan ahead and freeze meals so that you can easily pop into the oven or microwave. (I was never this organized)
Make sure to have your own little couch, corner or place set up to nurse and bond with baby. Remember that this is your transitioning time and you need a place to store your nursing articles. I had a nice rocking chair my mother in law purchased for my first baby. It served as a nursing, storing and bonding retreat. It conveniently had storage pockets to carry my breast pads, breast shields, nipple ointment and burp cloths. I knew that I could always depend on my chair to take care of my needs. Later I even place nail clippers in my storage pockets and this was the place my children knew Mommy would groom them.
Make sure to get rest. Take it easy and never feel pressured to accept company,or answer phone calls. This is your time to transition to your new life.

Happy Transitioning to Your New Life,
Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment