Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dripping Wet

I am so envious of women that drip wet with breastmilk! Although I am now past my breastfeeding days with my DS I really envy women that give birth and then have to pump because they are loaded with this great stuff! I mean MAN did I try every trick in the book to get my supply up but nothing worked plus the tea was gross.
I need to create a better tea.
So when reading about milk donation I just really have to say that it is such a great thing these women do for babies. If I was loaded I'd probably share too. I wish I could have but I seriously think I have just the right amount of milk producing machinery for one child at a time, at one feeding at a time and that's it! With my first born I couldn't even pump out 1 ounce until 4 months. I really had to rush home from school when she was on a every hour schedule. It was tough. Then baby #2 came and I pumped 2 ounces at maybe 3 months and my husband and my eyeballs were bulging out of our heads in disbelief. It was a celebrated proud moment...it meant we could go out on a date! Same scenario with baby #3. So it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my chee-chees. :-( Well I know they work but not enough.
Well, back to the subject, you need to check out Human Milk Banking Association of America and educate yourself on the topic. Your milk could save a life yet alone nourish so many babies. Right now if you visit The Lactavist Blog and purchase a tee, she (Jennifer) will donate proceeds to the HMBNA helping in their mission to provide human breastmilk to hospitals in the United States and Canada.
Check it out and learn what it's all about!

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment