Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Best Gift for a new Mommy

If you're thinking of what to get a mother for her baby shower or if you want to gift a new mommy here's something I received that benefited not only me but my whole family! FOOD!

When I was given my second baby shower my sister put a meal sign up list together and had it passed around. The women were so happy to sign up and bring me a weeks worth of meals once the baby arrived! This gift was so nice as it gave my family and I time together to just enjoy our new little addition. It also gave the person that gifted us with our meal a chance to visit and enjoy the new baby.

There are so many ways to gift a mommy with this idea. Simply by making up a meal coupon and placing it with her baby shower gift. Let her know that you will make a meal for her once the baby has arrived and to notify you of that special date. I have also had neighbors come to our door and place a meal with a note there for us. Online boutiques also have roasts and meals they will deliver to the new family, so have fun online shopping without having to leave your home.

So if you're thinking of a gift idea, FOOD is such a sweet and wonderful gift.

PS Make sure to let the family know what is in the food-the new mommy may have a baby that has a sensitive tummy :) Breastfeeding mommies can experience this temporary challege while nursing a colic baby.

EVIE

No comments:

Post a Comment