Thursday, February 01, 2007

Trademark Watchdog Barking at a SAHM blogger!!!!!

So Jennifer, at http://thelactivist.blogspot.com/, was barked at today by a trademark watchdog for The National Pork Board and slapped with a threat to sue her for one cute slogan she came up with and sells at her cafe press store. Apparently her t-shirt slogan "the other white milk" is similar to theirs and they claim that it violates their trademark on the phrase"the other white meat".
PLEASE!!!!! Like anyone who reads her blog, checks out and buys her clothing is really thinking "PORK"when they do so. Does breastmilk, which my own was rarely white due to supplements, have anything to do with pork? Sorry, I never have compared nor will I ever, other than seeing a pig nursing her piglets- the expressions on a mother pigs face can be similar to a human mamas. Oh, and once I did see a mother pig run away from her five piglets but you know if I had five that wanted my chee chees I'd probably run too, but other than that I would not compare the two!
I have a business that I protected legally with patents and trademarks prior to launching and so I can understand and respect all the $ (and more $ and more $) and hard work that goes into protecting your products and names but come on! Really, this is bizarre and only proves that the legal team contacting Jennifer really did not do their homework on what they were barking at. If they simply read her blog a little more then they would see that she was doing great things with her Cafe Press earnings and also would see the passion in her mission with this blog. The Lactavist is harmless, she's obviously respectful and passionate about breastfeeding and her mission the help out with non-profit milk banks. The National Pork Board really needs to lay off. It's just a waste of their money to have had lawyers contact Jennifer, not to mention any reputation they have because now people are pretty fired up. Let's all say no to pork!

No comments:

Post a Comment