Thursday, February 15, 2007


What a Craze for some Java!


Today marked the Grand Opening of a great new coffee shop here in San Diego. Java Mama was on the news this morning and received great coverage. I intended to make it there by 9:30am or so but ended up there at around 10:30am.

I had my two youngest monkeys in tow and once we walked in it was crazy, a good crazy though. Arm to arm with mommies and toddlers there for some Java and fun. The Bump gave away great bags of freebies, which some of my own products were in there :) and Java Mama gave away free Java and goodies too. The play area, which is designed with little monkeys in mind (ages 1-3), was crowded with toddling toddlers and of course my 2 year old had to be the roughest one there. He was everywhere! Up on the slide, down in the train table play station, then away to the soft blocks where he piled and destroyed on top of very young monkeys. I really felt like I was in the wrong place at the right time. This place is great, it was just the opening day and there was so much excitement. Okay, so I'll blame his wildness on the fact that there were so many other excited little ones and hope that he's one of the best ones next time we go out.

So am I the only one who cringes every time out with the kids. Hoping that they behave and then being a bit disappointed once you're in the moment? Am I the only one who feels like you want to control your child and expect your two year old to behave and mind everything he is told? I have two girls older than this little monkey and they were a different experience. I mean this boy can be wild and I feel like I don't have the tools to tame him and then I also feel like he's little and I need to just kick back. What about you?

Overall, Java Mama was a great hit today and I know my products will do great there. There were so many mommies with itty bitty ones, nursing up some healthy greatness. If you're in San Diego and want some time with your girlfriends, yourself and of course your little monkeys then remember Java Mama. www.javamam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment