Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thumb update


We recently went for our 6 month dental check ups. Everything checked off perfect for all three little monkeys and myself. Our appointment was followed by an orthodontic consultation for both Princess Monkeys and that's where we ran into some dental craze.
Princess Monkey Mia has a tiny bit of overcrowding. Nothing unexpected coming from a family of snaggle toothed crowded mouths (yes, I admit my genetic code will take the credit for that). Princess Monkey Nina on the other hand has the same overcrowding BUT she also has a sucked in upper jaw and a severe cross bite or something like that's caused by her thumb sucking. The doctor informed me if we didn't get her to stop she would eventually have to have an operation. UGH! This thumb sucking is so hard to break. I did have the doctor help me this time though. I mean why not use a total stranger to Princess Monkey Nina to explain to her what could happen if she didn't stop (even if I made him lie a bit). In fact the thumb sucking fiend has actually been a bit better and has been working with me because of what I asked the doctor to tell her. So what were the magic words? I made the doctor explain to her that she had to stop or her face would fall off. So far so good.

~Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment