Monday, November 13, 2006

What about Thanksgiving?!!!!

So this year Halloween came by as expected. I felt it was here right on time. I had been wanting the weather to change from warm summer days to cool crisp breeses and the leaves to start falling off the trees. This to me is the grand opening to fall! So what did I get? Hot weather and teasing orange leaves stuck to tree branches.
And what about every holiday? Just when Halloween ended the stores filled up with christmas stuff and everyone forgot about Thanksgiving! What about Thanksgiving!!!! The grand opening to fall is kicked off with Halloween, baking and candy then the roasting of turkeys and pot roasts celebrating thanksgiving. Next week, November 23rd is Thanksgiving and I want it to come and last. I want to give thanks for several things in my life. I want to reflect and enjoy every moment and then to take in every pasing day with my children to celebrate the Christmas season. Can we please slow down and enjoy Thanksgiving first though?
To all of you who want to slow down and enjoy Thanksgiving first, Cheers!!!!!

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment