Sunday, July 23, 2006


Thankful

Today I am exactly 2 years 3 months and 1 week postpartum with my third child. Well, I guess postpartum isn't the right word but because I feel like it happened yersteday I'll give myself permission to use the word. Yes I delivered my beautiful baby boy some time ago but I look at him and feel like it went by so very fast. I love to just watch him some days, playing with his two sisters and observe how he interacts with them. When he's in the mood to play cooperatively, he is this little boy that is running around independently. In a quick second he can turn right back into my tiny toddler and run to me crying for all of my physical attention.
My other two beautiful girls run the show. They are still so very small but time is passing so very fast. I mourn their births some days and want to hold on to every memory that I can. I do this by telling them their own birth story and from this they frequently ask me to tell them, and describe to them every detail of not only their births but of other events. I know it will go by soon, I'm reminded of this everyday and every celebration, plus my mother will not stop reminding me of this as well. She often tells me to take it in and relax, "they'll grow up and leave you soon". This makes me sad but remembering that I have a job, 1 job, to raise them into the best human beings that I can is this job and after to release into the world to be good, productive individuals. My gift is experiencing being a mother and receiving love, patience and becoming a better person.
I love my three children and thank the lord for bringing them to me. I am so thankful for these beautiful babies that made me the woman I am today. They make me so much stronger, they make me so much more humbled and they have helped me look at life and love so much more than I ever thought possible.
For this I am Thankful :)


Happy Transitioning
Evie
Mommy of 3 Little Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment